Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Naturegenic Inc.
G+FLAS Life Sciences, Inc. is a parent company of Naturegenic and a leading CRISPR genome editing company specializing in the development of innovative therapies for genetic diseases. We are pleased to announce a new opportunity within our subsidiary, Naturegenic, located in West Lafayette, IN, USA. Our mission is to revolutionize the field of genetic research and advance the applications of CRISPR-mgCas12a (Genome Edge1) technology. We are dedicated to finding a cure for Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome (SLOS) genetic disease and anticipate entering the IND (Investigational New Drug) phase within the next 2 years.
We are seeking an exceptional and results-oriented Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our executive team at Naturegenic. As the CFO, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities, providing strategic financial guidance, and driving equity financing for our ongoing research and development initiatives associated with CRISPR-mgCas12a (Genome Edge1)-related applications. Your role will be critical in supporting the company’s growth and ensuring the financial stability needed to achieve our ambitious goals.
West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Develop and execute comprehensive financial strategies to support our R&D initiatives and business operations.
- Lead the finance and accounting functions, ensuring accurate financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Drive equity financing efforts to secure the necessary capital, including the ability to finance, to support our ongoing research and development projects.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, legal, and executive management, to align financial goals with business objectives.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing strategic actions to optimize financial outcomes.
- Provide financial insights, risk assessments, and recommendations to senior management for informed decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements, maintaining accurate records and supporting documentation.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including financial institutions, investors, and auditors.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging financial practices, and regulatory changes relevant to the life sciences sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience as a CFO or in a senior finance leadership role within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry.
- Demonstrated ability to raise equity financing and secure substantial funding for research and development activities.
- Strong financial acumen, including expertise in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and risk management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Deep understanding of financial regulations, reporting standards, and compliance requirements.
- Passion for the life sciences industry and a genuine interest in driving groundbreaking advancements in genetic research and therapies.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to support your health and well-being.
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions to help you plan for the future.
- Generous vacation, personal days, and holidays to promote work-life balance.
- Flexible work hours and remote work options to accommodate your needs and promote a healthy work-life integration.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment fostering personal and career growth.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of CRISPR genome editing and contribute to life-changing advancements in genetic treatments.
Join our team at Naturegenic and contribute to the exciting field of CRISPR genome editing. Together, we can make a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals affected by genetic diseases and cancers. If you have the qualifications and ambition to drive the finance and accounting functions of our company, please submit your application, including your resume and a cover letter, detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position to [email protected] no later than 9/30/2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.